Monday, August 1, 2011

Fighting Against All Odds (I was there holding your hands)

 Before you were conceived,
all the odds were against you,
'caus thats how I made you,
 but from the beginning,
 I was there holding you hands.
Once you were born,
ou looked towards the heavens
and saw me there, holdoing
your hands.
Yes, all the odds were against
you as I was there holding your hands
you started your life fighting against all the odds.
As you grew over time you had ben old
that nothing could become much of you,
no success deep with in you and
you couldn't succeed at all,
once again faced with all the odds
against you, I was there holding
you hands.
Then darkness came to you leaving
you to walk away, turning your
back to me, never coming back to me
because no matter what odds
you faced, it seemed so
incomplete 'cause all the
odds against you kept
coming back to
you, leaving you with little fight against
all the odds, even through all this
I still stood by you holding
your hands keeping watch over you any way.
Yes, you were born
 to fight against all odds as I made you too.
Darkness passes as light returns,
 bringing you back to me once again realizing
fighting against all odds were meant
for you, looking towards the heavens
just like the day you were born seeing
me up in heaven all these years,
you succeeded fighting against all the odds.
Written By: Mary Riesbeck

This is dedicated to Vicki for helping me revise this poem I wrote several years ago. Thanks Vicki!

No comments:

Post a Comment